Dr. Savvas C. Savvides
Professor of Economics & Finance
Professor Savvas Savvides holds a PhD in Economics from New York University. After a number of years in academia in the United States, Dr. Savvides returned to Cyprus where he worked for 14 years with a large banking group in various managerial positions (Chief Economist, Manager of Economic Research, Manager of Planning and Marketing, Assistant General Manager Domestic Banking, and Manager of Private Banking). In 2001 he returned to academia, and was until January 2016 with the European University Cyprus. In the period 2001-2008 he served as the first Dean of the School of Business.
He is the author of nine university level textbooks:
- Managerial Economics and Finance: Strategy & Performance – 2nd edition (2015)
- Principles of Economics: A Εuropean Perspective (with John Proxenos and Andreas Varnavides) – 2nd edition (2014)
- Αρχές Οικονομικής: Μια Ευρωπαϊκή Προσέγγιση (with Ninos Savvides) -in Greek (2014)
- Οικονομική και Χρηματοοικονομική των Επιχειρήσεων: Στρατηγική & Απόδοση –in Greek – 2nd edition (2013)
- The Financial Environment: A Policy Perspective (2012)
- Fundamentals of Investments: Theory and Applications (with John Proxenos) (2012)
- Principles of Economics: A Εuropean Perspective (with John Proxenos and Andreas Varnavides) –1st edition (2012)
- Οικονομική και Χρηματοοικονομική των Επιχειρήσεων: Στρατηγική & Απόδοση –in Greek –1st edition (2011)
- Managerial Economics and Finance: Strategy & Performance –1st edition (2010)
He has published extensively in peer-reviewed journals and has presented his research in many international conferences. He served as Editor-in-chief of the Journal Advances in Higher Education and served on the editorial board of many scientific journals.
He has taught at the graduate and undergraduate level, among others: Managerial Economics, Intermediate Microeconomics, Money & Banking, International Trade, International Financial Systems, Principles of Microeconomics, Principles of Macroeconomics, and others.